Gemmy Industries Corporation is looking for a product leader and customer champion who will continue to spearhead our product innovation. This role will direct the full product line development life cycle from conception to delivery to customer success. The successful candidate will possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality.
This is a hands-on position with an opportunity to build and expand a product line utilizing management and development organization from start to finish. If you are an experienced product professional with strong lighting industry expertise who’s ready to roll up your sleeves and put your talents into action in an entrepreneurial environment we want to talk to you.
Reports to: Vice President, Product Development
Direct Reports: N/A
- Develop concepts for new LED lighting products to create new effects and technologies and provide solutions for seasonal decorating.
- Introduce product concepts with an understanding of the market, industry trends, and company strategies.
- Lead factory teams to new technologies and work closely to efficiently implement these technologies into Gemmy products.
- Initiate New Product Introduction and partner with factory product development teams and engineers to facilitates sample and prototype process.
- Partner with strategic sourcing on vendor and component selection and specifications.
- BS degree in engineering (MS/MBA preferred)
- 3 - 5 year’s engineering experience
- Bilingual in Mandarin
- Expert knowledge of LED lighting technology, components, markets and applications is required as well as proven ability to translate customer requirements into product requirements and specifications
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Proven problem solving and product innovation expertise
- Superior organizational skills
- Excellent communicator and ability to successfully interface with internal customers and suppliers
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Extremely honest and trustworthy with highest integrity
- Experience and familiarity with overseas manufacturing and suppliers
- Must be able to travel internationally and domestically
BENEFITS & PERKS:
Gemmy Industries offers an exceptional benefits package and employee perks, including:
- Health coverage, including dental and vision as well as other voluntary benefits
- 401K participation/company matching
- Spacious, open workspace with Varidesk work stations>
- Onsite gym and complimentary boot camp classes
- Gemmy Central, a kitchen and food and snacks for purchase
- Complimentary filtered water and customizable coffee drinks / hot beverages
- Continental breakfast on Fridays with bagels or donuts and fruit
- On site gas delivery, car wash, and dry-cleaning services
Gemmy Industries Corporation offers a fast-paced environment and a competitive salary. Gemmy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you have the skills to work as part of our fun, energetic team and would like to be considered for this opportunity, please submit your resume and salary requirements to