Our company seeks a strong Account Manager to provide a broad range of sales and administrative support to the Director of National Accounts. The position involves purchase order follow-up, quotations, product sampling, correspondence, and special projects. The proactive and quick learner with a strong work ethic and positive attitude will succeed in this position.
- Communicate with internal and external customers, including Sales Managers, Factory Personnel, Sales Representatives, and Buyers for National Accounts. Responsible for communications associated with the quoting/selling/shipping process/including customer appointments.
- Request required samples for order consideration and plan-o-grams.
- Entering retail packaging requests and proofing retail packaging
- Entering artwork requests as needed
- Coordinate order fulfillment including order entry, checking for accuracy, order maintenance and follow up.
- Create and maintain customer files.
- Monitor Open Orders and Shipping Status
- Manage Account Status on a daily basis
- Occasional overnight travel
- Other administrative functions as required
- Associates/Bachelors in Business Administration degree
- 3-5 years of equivalent work experience.
- Some Retail or Sales Experience (Inside or Outside) preferred
- Experience in Home Improvement Channels is preferred.
- P.C. skills. Must have experience with Microsoft Office and database systems with a working knowledge of Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
- Meticulous organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Extremely Customer Focused.
- Ability to work both independently and in a multi-cultural environment with team-oriented interpersonal skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexibility and ability to make sound business decisions.
- Analytical and creative problem solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Desire to contribute to organizational goals and personal growth.
- Excellent Follow Up skills
- Import experience preferred.
- Must be able to travel 10% of the time throughout the year.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs. when needed.
About Gemmy Industries
Founded in 1984 in Dallas, Texas, Gemmy Industries has been a market innovator in seasonal décor, animation and novelty gifts and LED Lighting. Gemmy’s animation expertise created the pop culture icon Big Mouth Billy Bass. The originator of Airblown® Inflatables, Gemmy pioneered the way for over-sized figures in Christmas and Halloween decorating, offering exciting consumer products that deliver easy and instant decorating solutions at a value. Gemmy also blazed new trails in lighting technology with LIGHTSHOW® LED lighting effects.
Benefits & Perks
Gemmy Industries offers an exceptional benefits package and employee perks, including:
- Health coverage, including dental and vision
- 401K participation/company matching
- Spacious, open workspace with Vari workstations
- Onsite gym and complimentary boot camp classes
- Gemmy Central, a full kitchen and break area
- Stocked gourmet food and snack options
- Complimentary filtered water and customizable coffee drinks / hot beverages
- Continental breakfast on Fridays with bagels or donuts and fruit
- Half Day Fridays!
- Wednesday Ice Cream Socials
If you have the skills to work as part of our fun, energetic team and would like to be considered for this opportunity, please submit your resume to Jobs@gemmy.com with your salary requirements. No agencies please.