We have a great on-site opportunity as a Copywriter on our Creative Team. In this role, the right person will work with our creative, media, and product teams on a wide variety of projects. This role requires creativity, flexibility, and a passion for collaboration. The perfect candidate will be a quick learner who can hit the ground running.
Bonus points for any applicant who owns a Big Mouth Billy Bass or Airblown® Inflatable.
• Write copy for consumer packaging, and video scripts; online SEO product copy; scripts for animated products; instruction manuals, etc.
• Learn product features to ensure accuracy on product and marketing collateral
• Proof packaging copy for production
• Work with external company to acquire translations for product collateral
• Manage, organize, and maintain translations
• Collaborate effectively with both local and international colleagues, and external vendors
Qualifications / Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in marketing or communications)
• 1-3 years of professional writing experience for B2C (experience with consumer packaged goods, SEO writing, and technical writing a plus)
• Exceptional project management, organizational, and proofreading skills
• Exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (database experience a plus)
• Knowledge of French and/or Spanish a plus
All applicants must show writing samples and have a proven track record of professional experience in a creative environment. References required for hiring.
About Gemmy Industries
Founded in 1984 in Dallas, Texas, Gemmy Industries has been a groundbreaker in the novelty, animation and seasonal decor industries. Gemmy’s animation expertise created such pop culture classics as Pete the Repeat Parrot, Douglas Fir and, of course, Big Mouth Billy Bass. The originator of Airblown® Inflatable, Gemmy pioneered the way for life-sized figures in Christmas and Halloween decorating and also blazed new trails in lighting solutions and technology – most notably with LIGHTSHOW® LED projection lighting.
Gemmy products have appeared in The Wall Street Journal, USA Today and The Washington Post, as well as being prominently featured on The Tonight Show, Late Night with Conan O’Brien and The Colbert Report.
Benefits & Perks
Gemmy Industries offers an exceptional benefits package and employee perks, including:
• Health coverage, including dental and vision
• 401K participation/company matching
• Spacious, open workspace with Varidesk work stations
• Onsite gym and complimentary boot camp classes
• Gemmy Central, a full kitchen and break area
• Stocked gourmet food and snack options
• Complimentary filtered water and customizable coffee drinks / hot beverages
• Continental breakfast on Fridays with bagels or donuts and fruit
• Summer hours with Friday afternoons off