As a Product Coordinator at Gemmy Industries, your role requires working with the VP of Product Development and Product Managers to develop and complete product lines by securing artwork and packaging, providing direction on product specifics to factory for sampling, researching new product categories, items, and trends, managing timelines, and communicating effectively to the sales team and other internal departments.
Must have a bachelor’s degree. Must have excellent people skills. This position requires a facilitator who can effectively communicate a wide variety of information to production staff, overseas factory, the creative department, and sales staff; must be detailed oriented; requires managing timelines related to product launches, packaging, and deadlines for product approvals. Must have working experience in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint. Must have ability to create a spreadsheet and formulas. Prefer 1-2 years’ work experience; retail merchandising is a plus.
- Assistance with line planning and development. This includes communication of design requirements, timelines and technical specs with Creative Department and overseas factory. It also requires assistance in obtaining Product Manager/VP Product Development approvals.
- Manage/Maintain the database. To ensure product information is correct & currently updated.
- Communication and follow-up with Product Manager for product changes and direction. Involves submitting detailed notes of product and sales meetings. This also involves working with the Product Managers to ensure status sheets and system reflects all current information.
- Directing Creative Department on product artwork and packaging artwork. This includes providing direction of needs and following up to ensure timelines are enforced.
- Management of launch dates, sample ship dates and timelines. This includes management of packaging deadlines and working with Product Manager to ensure the factory is on target to hit these dates. Facilitate and support showroom with sample tracking, showroom management and display. Effectively communicate and partner with showroom designers to ensure product is well displayed and readily operational for customer meetings.
- Researching new product categories and providing information for on-trend aesthetics, pop, and classic songs, as well as social media and pop culture trend opportunities to inspire product.
- Staying abreast of retail. Visiting stores, retail websites or online content to support current and potential products as well as trend opportunities. Reporting on competitive product.
ABOUT GEMMY INDUSTRIES:
Founded in 1984 in Dallas, Texas, Gemmy Industries has been a market innovator in seasonal décor, animation and novelty gifts and LED Lighting. Gemmy’s animation expertise created the pop culture icon Big Mouth Billy Bass. The originator of Airblown® Inflatables, Gemmy pioneered the way for over-sized figures in Christmas and Halloween decorating, offering exciting consumer products that deliver easy and instant decorating solutions at a value. Gemmy also blazed new trails in lighting technology with LIGHTSHOW® LED lighting effects.
BENEFITS & PERKS:
Gemmy Industries offers an exceptional benefits package and employee perks, including:
Health coverage, including dental and vision.
- 401K participation/company matching.
- Spacious, open workspace with Vari workstations
- Onsite gym and complimentary yoga classes
- Gemmy Central, a full kitchen and break area
- Stocked gourmet food and snack options
- Complimentary filtered water and customizable coffee drinks / hot beverages
- Continental breakfast on Fridays with bagels or donuts and fruit
- Half day Fridays!
- Wednesday Ice Cream Socials